Monday, August 20, 2007

Spasmodic Dysphonia

SAY WHAT!!! yep that is what is wrong with my voice... so I need to go get shots in my vocal cords. Sounds like so much fun :) Not to mention botox is what they use, which I said I would never inject into my body..... I will be doing some more research on this to make sure this is the only option for this condition.... just thought you might like an update. Something funny... I told my kids about it, and my oldest was like, "oh that's to bad mom, is it contagious :)" So, just in case you are wondering the same thing... no it's not :)

2 comments:

Stew and Traci said...

May I please be the first to comment! I love the sound of the diagnosis and absolutely love that you are getting prescribed "enhancements"! It will be great to "hear" from you again :). I guess my voice issue really is hormonal! Im glad you were able to find out what it is. Lots of luck!

Lynn said...

I was also diagnosed with SD in 2002 after struggling with it since 1995. I tried everything under the sun to avoid botox, but eventually had a few injections. Coincidently, while researching how to deal with terrible back, shoulder and neck pain, I came across the work of Dr. John Sarno who wrote, among other books, The Mind Body Connection. His approach also works for SD (and other maladies). If you have an open mind, I highly recommend it. I no longer have back pain or SD.

Happy New Year!